Hip & Knee Arthritis Rehabilitation
GLA:DTM (Good Life with Arthritis: Denmark) is an education and exercise program that was developed in Denmark for people who have hip or knee osteoarthritis symptoms.
First line treatment for hip or knee osteoarthritis
Based on the latest evidence in osteoarthritis research, combined with feedback from people in the program on what works, it aims to help you manage and even reduce your own osteoarthritis symptoms. The program is focused around exercises that improve joint stability and muscle control to reduce pain and give you an improved quality of life.
GLA:DTM Australia training involves:
- An initial appointment to explain the program, answer any questions you may have and to assess your current functional ability
- Two education sessions where you’ll learn more about osteoarthritis, how the GLA:DTM Australia exercises improve joint stability and then how to retain this improved joint stability outside of the program
- Group training sessions twice a week for six weeks to improve muscle control of the joint
Outcomes experienced by GLA:DTM participants include:
- Symptom progression reduced by 32%
- Less pain
- Reduced use of joint related pain medication
- High level of satisfaction
- Increased levels of physical activity
Sessions are run at our Next Gen Clinic, War Memorial Drive, North Adelaide, SA 5006
For more information or to get started please phone (08) 8221 7000 or fill out the enquiry form below.