Dr. Samuel BenvenisteLower Limb Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS, B Med Sci (Hons), FRACS, FAOrthA
Dr. Samuel Benveniste
Tel: (08) 8236-4144
Facsimile: (08) 8236-4110
- Consulting at
Wakefield Orthopaedic Clinic
- Operating at
- Ashford Hospital
- Calvary Adelaide Hospital
- Parkwynd Private Hospital
- Staff Specialist at the Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Clinical Lecturer – The University of Adelaide
Dr Benveniste is an orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in lower limb surgery, particularly primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty, as well as orthopaedic trauma.
Dr Benveniste has extensive local and international experience including completing orthopaedic speciality training in South Australia, a clinical fellowship at St Michael’s Hospital (a level 1 trauma centre and high-volume orthopaedic unit in Toronto, Canada) as well as numerous courses including the Advanced Trauma Operative Management Course at the world-renowned Shock Trauma and Johns Hopkins Hospitals in Baltimore, USA.
He has also enhanced his experience in the direct anterior approach for hip replacements and the use of robotic-assisted devices in hip and knee surgery by visiting world experts at various centres in the United States and the United Kingdom.
He is committed to furthering orthopaedic knowledge and research and is currently undertaking a Master of Clinical Science with the Adelaide University and Royal Adelaide Hospital, having previously completed a Bachelor of Medical Science (awarded with first class honours in orthopaedics & trauma).
Dr Benveniste is also a Lieutenant Colonel in the Australian Army Reserve in the Corps of Royal Australian Engineers. Highlights of his military career include serving as Officer Commanding 3rd Field Squadron, 10th/27th Battalion, The Royal South Australia Regiment and seven years as an Honorary Aide-de-Camp to the Governor of South Australia.
Post Graduate Specialty Training
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgery (Orthopaedic surgery)
- Clinical Fellowship at St Michael’s Hospital, Toronto, Canada / University of Toronto
- Specialising in complex primary and revision hip & knee arthroplasty, orthopaedic trauma
- Bachelor of Medical Science (First Class Honours in Orthopaedics & Trauma) 2006
Development of Dynamic Radiostereometric Analysis for use in Orthopaedic Trauma
- Master of Clinical Science (candidate)
Use of Differentially Loaded Radiostereometric Analysis to assess fracture motion during healing
Medical Association Memberships
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) – Fellow
- Australian Orthopaedic Association – Fellow
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons – International Member